Jammu and Kashmir: Three suspected militants killed in gunfight with security forces
· Scroll
Visit forestarrow.help for more information.
Three suspected militants were killed in a gunfight with security forces in Jammu and Kashmir’s Kishtwar on Sunday, stated the Army.
The Army’s White Knight Corps said in a social media post that it had launched a joint operation, codenamed TRASHI-I, with the Jammu and Kashmir Police after receiving inputs about the presence of suspected militants in the area.
The gunfight began at around 11 am, it added.
The Army said at 2.45 pm that two suspected militants were killed and “war-like stores”, including two Ak47 rifles, were recovered from them.
At 6.14 pm, it stated that the operation was continuing and another suspected militant had been killed.
The identities of those killed were yet to be ascertained, according to The Indian Express.
In January, a havildar in the Indian Army died after being injured in a gunfight with suspected militants in Kishtwar.
Havildar Gajendra Singh “made the supreme sacrifice while gallantly executing a Counter Terrorism operation in the Singpura area during the ongoing Operation TRASHI-I on the intervening night of 18-19 Jan 2026”, the White Knight Corps had said.
Singh was among eight soldiers injured in the gunfight that broke out between security forces and suspected militants on Sunday during an operation launched by security forces in the Chhatru area.
...